1. How does registration work?
Registration opens on October 6th, 2012. Preference is given to those who can physically line up outside the store that morning. Camp is for Younglings & Initiates between the ages of 9 -16.
- Line-up starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 6th, 2012. We will begin registration on a first-come-first-served basis at 11:30 a.m. There are a limited number of spaces. Once these spaces are sold out that’s it. You may register any number of Younglings – they do not have to be your children.
2. I live out of town/state/country. How does faxing my registration paperwork work?
Faxes will be accepted beginning on midnight, on October 6th, 2012. You may fax your registration paperwork if you live more than 50 miles away from the store. We will contact all parents to let them know if their padawan made it in to camp by October 7th! Bear with us – it takes a while to get all the paperwork organized and start the process of getting in touch with you. After you download the registration packet from this site, you can fill it out and include the payment details. We don’t want you emailing the paperwork to us because it contains your financial information and we want to be sure we protect it. The fax is right by my desk and we have someone dedicated to retrieving the faxes and processing payments.
3. Is the Clone Wars Training Camp an overnight camp? What is the age range?
Clone Wars Training Camp is a day camp, for Younglings & Initiates ages 9 -16, operating one unique five day session June 10th – June 14th, 2013, between the hours of:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Is Jedi Training Camp a licensed day camp? What is your license number? What is your Federal I.D. # for Childcare Reimbursement?
Yes we are a licensed day camp with the State of Texas under BookPeople Literary Camps.
Our Camp ID No: 250076 Our Control No: 3595
For Dependent Day Care Expense Accounts, Flex accounts and Cafeteria Plans, this is our Federal I.D. # 742304567
4. What will the camp cost?
$450. This cost includes all snacks and drinks (NOT LUNCH). It also includes a book and safety training lightsaber. Because the camps sell out so quickly full payment must be made at the time of enrollment. We do not accept partial payments to hold spaces.
5. Is lunch included?
We will not be serving lunch at camp. The facilities are not able to accommodate lunches on the scale that would be required.
6. Are all your camp staff required to have background checks and up-to-date CPR and First Aid training?
Yes, our camp staff are required to have a criminal background check and current CPR and First Aid certifications.
7. My child has food allergies. Can you accommodate that?
It depends on the type of food allergy. We don’t recommend children with severe peanut allergies, that lead to secondary contact allergies, attend camp without talking to us first. Call Topher Bradfield, at BookPeople, if you have concerns regarding your child’s dietary needs. We’ll make every effort to accommodate your Youngling or Initiate.
8. My child and I are coming from out-of-state. Can you help us find a hotel close to the camp site?
Yes, as always, we’re happy to help you find a hotel close to the Clone Wars Training Camp. We’ve had kids from around the United States and around the world come to our summer camps. Please Check the Resources page on this website for reduced rates on hotels. For those with Auto Club memberships, you may find better deals through that organization.
9. Will you have a bus or van from BookPeople to McKinney Falls?
No, we won’t charter a service as it eats up about a third of our operating budget. Instead we will have the carpool list serve, as always, up for you folks who need it. Stay tuned for more info on this.
If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ section, or you need further clarification please call the Camp Director, Topher Bradfield, at 512-472-5050 ext. 103. Topher’s work email is: firstname.lastname@example.org